• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tbsps clear sprigs
• 300ml vegetable stock
• 2 onions, finely chopped
• 2 tbsps wholegrain mustard
• 350g parsnip, cut into sticks
• flat-leaf parsley, to serve (Optional)
• 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan or shallow casserole with a lid. Brown the chicken until golden, then set aside. Heat the remaining oil, then cook the onions for 5 mins until softened.
- Nestle the thighs back amongst the onions and add the parnips. Mix the stock with the mustard and honey, then pour in. Scatter over the thyme, then bring to a simmer. Cover, then cook for 30 mins (or longer, see tip) until the chicken is tender, then season. Serve with steamed greens.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Goodfoodat https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/honey-mustard-chicken-pot-parsnips