Crispy beef in crazy delicious orange sauce. This homemade orange beef recipes is healthier and so much better than Chinese takeouts.
• Prep Time: 20 minutes
• Cook Time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 3
• oil for deep-frying
• 1 tbsp cooking oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• white sesame for garnishing
• chopped scallion for garnishing
• 10 oz beef sirloin or flank steak, cut into bite-sized pieces
• 1 large egg
• 2 tbsps cornstarch
• 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 cup water, ice cold
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
• 2 tbsps sugar
• 1 tsp cornstarch
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1/3 cup orange juice
• 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or Chinese rice vinegar
- Heat up a pot of oil to 375F.
- Combine all the ingredients in the Frying Batter together, stir well so there is no lump. Transfer the beef into the frying batter, coat well. Mix all the ingredients in Orange Sauce together, set aside.
- Deep fry the beef in a batches. Once they turn light brown, remove from the oil with a strainer and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Deep fry the beef twice by dipping the fried beef into the batter again and deep-fry until they turn golden brown.
- Heat up a skillet with the oil and stir-fry the garlic until aromatic. Add the Orange Sauce and cooks until it thickens. Transfer the beef into the skillet, stir to combine well. Dish out, garnish with sesame and scallions and serve immediately.
NOTE: Double on the Orange Sauce if you like it saucy. Also, add 1 teaspoon grated orange zest and 1 tablespoon garlic chili sauce to jazz up the taste, if you like.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA Recipes at https://rasamalaysia.com/orange-beef-recipe/