This delicious crispy squid salad recipe is perfect for entertaining guests in those warmer months.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• sunflower oil, to deep-fry
• 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
• 2 long green chillies, thinly sliced
• 2 tsps grated palm or brown sugar
• 1 1/2 cups (240g) plain wholemeal flour
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten with 1 tbsp water
• 1 purple frisee (curly endive), leaves torn
• 2 witlof (belgian endive), leaves separated
• 1 1/2 tbsps each fish sauce and soy sauce
• 500g baby squid, tentacles attached , cleaned, cut into 3cm pieces
- Half-fill a large pan with sunflower oil and heat to 190°C (a cube of bread will turn golden in 30 seconds). Combine flour and 2 tsp each freshly ground black pepper and sea salt flakes in a bowl. Place egg mixture in a separate bowl. In batches, dip the squid in egg, then coat in flour. Deep-fry for 2-3 minutes until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Combine sauces, sugar and olive oil in a bowl. Place leaves on a platter, top with squid and chilli and drizzle with dressing.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious Recipes at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/crispy-squid-salad/a5e8ade2-7e46-47a8-9de0-52271ce6bc63?r=recipes/collections/octopussquidrecipes&c=92d3acdf-e928-463f-a235-04d87eec849f/the%20best%20octopus%20and%20squid%20recipes