We love the melt-in-your-mouth soft feta and pumpkin pieces in this lamb recipe.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps water
• 2 tsps olive oil
• olive oil, to drizzle
• 300g natural yoghurt
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 55g (1/3 cup) pine nuts
• 100g baby spinach leaves
• 2 tbsps Moroccan seasoning
• 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
• 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
• 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
• 2 (about 500g lamb eye of loin (backstraps)
• 1 small fresh red chilli, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
• 1 x 180g ctn South Cape Persian feta, drained, crumbled
• 750g butternut pumpkin, deseeded, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the pumpkin on a baking tray. Drizzle over a little oil and toss to coat. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender. (Alternatively, place pumpkin in a microwave-safe dish. Cook, covered, on High/800watts/100% for 4-5 minutes or until tender).
- Meanwhile, combine the yoghurt, garlic, mint, cucumber, chilli and water in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the pine nuts and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until toasted. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle seasoning over the lamb. Add to the pan and cook for 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 3 minutes to rest. Thickly slice across the grain.
- Place the pumpkin, lamb, spinach, cucumber and pine nuts in a large bowl and gently toss until just combined. Divide among serving plates. Top with feta. Serve with the yoghurt mixture.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/moroccan-lamb-salad/cee4bea0-56d8-41cd-8076-1d32654bd55c