Try this addictive combination of char-grilled octopus and salty haloumi to make a sensational salad.
• Prep time: 30 minutes
• Cook time: 6 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• salt and pepper
• 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
• 2 tbsps lemon juice
• 1 tbsp oregano leaves
• 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
• lemon wedges, to serve
• 1.25kg baby octopus, cleaned
• 3 roma tomatoes, cut into wedges
• 150g green beans, trimmed and blanched
• 200g haloumi, drained and cut into 1cm-thick slices
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, chilli flakes, oregano, salt and pepper in a large non-metallic bowl. Add the octopus and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a barbecue hot plate to high. Add the octopus and cook for 3-4 minutes, turning regularly until cooked through. (Take care not to overcook octopus or it will toughen.). Remove from heat, cover and keep warm.
- Place haloumi on the hot plate and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden and starting to melt.
- Combine tomatoes and beans in a large serving plate. Top with haloumi and octopus. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/chargrilled-octopus-haloumi-salad/14b3c066-d432-4ce7-9841-bdc84cbbf2ae