Check out this easy orecchiette recipe with large juicy prawns and punchy chilli. Impress your friends with this simple yet flavour packed pasta recipe this weekend.
• Prep and cook time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 6 tbsps olive oil
• 150g orecchiette
• 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
• dried chilli flakes a good pinch
• flat-leaf parsley a handful, chopped
• 12 whole shell-on large raw prawns
- Twist the heads off the prawns and peel the shells from the bodies (but don’t discard them), leaving the tails on. Cut down the back of the prawns and remove the black vein inside. Give the prawns a rinse then pat dry on kitchen paper.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and gently fry the heads and shells for 5 minutes. Scoop out the heads and shells leaving behind as much oil as possible.
- Cook the orecchiette in salted boiling water following pack instructions. Drain, keeping a cup of the cooking water.
- Add the garlic and chilli to the oil. Fry gently so the garlic doesn’t brown. Add the butterflied prawns and a pinch of salt, and cook until just pink. Add the orecchiette to the pan with enough reserved pasta water to make it saucy, and toss. Add parsley and toss again before serving.
This great family recipe is thanks to Olive Magazine Recipes at https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/fish-and-seafood/prawn-orecchiette-with-roasted-shell-olive-oil/