• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1 clove garlic
• Sea salt flakes
• 5 sprigs thyme
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 Luv-a-Duck Duck Breast, tenderloin removed
• 50ml ponzu
• 10ml sesame oil
• 2 shallots, finely diced
• 1 knob ginger, finely grated
• 100ml Healthy Boy light soy
• ¼ bunch garlic chive, finely sliced
- Combine all ponzu dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Score duck breasts in a criss-cross pattern, season skin and meat with salt and pepper and bring to room temperature.
- Place duck breasts skin side down in cold heavy based saucepan and start on high heat.
- Cook until duck fat renders and skin is crispy.
- Turn onto breast side down and add garlic and thyme.
- Baste skin with rendered duck fat with a spoon.
- Remove from heat and rest for 10 mins, then carve horizontally.
- Pour ponzu dressing on a plate and place duck atop
This great family recipe is thanks to Luv-A-Duck Recipes at http://www.luvaduck.com.au/recipes/view/crispy-skin-duck-breast-with-ponzu-dressing1/48/