Recipe for a fresh cucumber noodle prawn and mango salad which is also gluten free. All the thai flavours of Bangkok in this hearty spiralizer salad recipe. This Cucumber Noodle Prawn and Mango Salad is gluten free and makes clean eating look so easy! It is inspired by Thai flavors and tastes like the perfect thing to have this mango season. Serve cold and binge on!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tsps Olive Oil
• 1 tsp Fish Sauce
• 1 Red Onion (spiralized)
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 3 Cucumbers (spiralized)
• 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
• 2 tbsps Chilli (Thai Sweet Sauce)
• Mint Leaves (Chopped for topping)
• 2 Mangoes (cored, peeled and sliced)
• 400 grams Tiger Prawns or any other prawns of your choice, cleaned and deveined
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the prawns and slide them into the pan. Pan roast them for 3-4 minutes on each side till they are cooked. For smaller prawns, the cooking time will vary. Alternatively you can also blanch the prawns in hot water to flash cook them.
- Whisk together the remaining oil, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, vinegar and salt to make the salad dressing.
- Add prawns, mangoes, cucumbers and onions into a bowl and drizzle with salad dressing. Toss to combine. Top with freshly chopped mint leaves.
NOTES: If you are serving this salad at a later stage, do not mix the dressing or the vegetables will leave water. To serve later, mix everything except the dressing and refrigerate. Toss in the dressing just before serving.
This great family recipe is thanks to My Food Story Recipes at https://myfoodstory.com/cucumber-noodle-prawn-and-mango-salad-gluten-free-recipe/