• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/2 tsp sugar
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1/2 tsp dried basil
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• salt and pepper to taste
• 300g packet fresh ravioli
• grated parmesan cheese
• 2 tbsps chopped fresh basil to serve (Optional)
• 400g can Wattie's crushed and sieved tomatoes
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium low heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute or until it is golden.
- Add the dried basil, Wattie's Crushed and Sieved Tomatoes and sugar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until the sauce is thick. Stir in the chopped basil, if using.
- Meanwhile cook the ravioli following the packet directions. Drain and serve with the Tomato and Basil Sauce. Serve with grated Parmesan and extra fresh basil leaves if desired.
This great family recipe is thanks to food-in-a-minute Recipes at https://www.foodinaminute.co.nz/Recipes/Homemade-Tomato-and-Basil-Sauce-with-Ravioli