Nagi, who is behind the popular recipe blog recipetineats, is a machine when it comes to perfecting some of our favourite flavours and this teriyaki sauce recipe is second to none!
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 2 x 140g Huon salmon portions
• 2 tsps Oil (Vegetable or Canola)
• 2 tbsps Soy Sauce
• 2 1/2 tsps White Caster Sugar
• 2 tbsps Sake
• 2 tbsps Mirin
• 2 cups Green Cabbage - finely shredded
• 1/2 cup Carrot - Finely shredded
• Sprig Curly parsley
• White long grain rice
- Mix together soy sauce, sugar, sake and mirin in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add Huon Salmon and cook for 2 minutes until golden.
- Flip and cook the other side for 1 minute.
- Use a paper towel to blot away excess oil in the pan and then add sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 1-1/2 minute or until the sauce reduces to a syrupy consistency.
- Turn the salmon to coat the other side in sauce and then transfer to a plate and drizzle over more sauce.
- To Serve - place cabbage and carrot on the side with a sprig of parsley. Add a small portion of rice and you're done!
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/teriyaki-huon-salmon/