Ditch the take-away and create your own Thai feast with this green curry.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• Oil, to fry
• Salt and pepper
• 12 pea eggplants
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
• 30g coconut sugar
• 150ml coconut cream
• Lime Cheeks, to serve
• 4 kaffir lime leaves, torn
• Coriander leaves, to serve
• Kaffir lime leaves, to serve
• 4 barramundi fillets, skin on
• Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
• 1 cup fish stock or master stock
• 2 tbsps Squid Brand Fish Sauce
• 1 carrot, peeled and finely sliced
• 4 tbsps Valcom Green Curry Paste
• 2 long green chillies, de-seeded and sliced
- Season the barramundi with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat and brown fish well skin side down 2 -3 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove and set aside. Peel off skin and crisp in a hot oven.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the Valcom green curry paste, kaffir lime leaves and green chilli stir fry 1 minute.
- Stir in the coconut cream, stock and Squid Fish Sauce. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add the pea eggplants and carrot, reduce heat and simmer 6-8 minutes.
- Add the barramundi fillets to the sauce and continue to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves, steamed rice, kaffir lime leaves, lime cheeks and crispy barramundi skin.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/thai-green-curry-barramundi/1ff6dbc4-207e-490a-9ac1-03976087547b