Easy hash browns to serve with Huon Smoked Salmon for lazy weekend breakfast. Serve with your favourite big brekkie sides like fried eggs, fried tomatoes and mushrooms and baby spinach.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 4 medium potatoes, scrubbed
• 200g Premium Huon Cold Smoked Salmon
- Grate the potatoes on a large-holed cheese grater. In a fine-mesh sieve, rinse the grated potato until the water runs clear.
- Drain the potatoes, then place them potato on a clean tea towel. Twist the towel to remove as much moisture from the potatoes as possible.
- Spread the grated potato onto a tray and sprinkle with the salt.
- In a large frypan, warm the oil over medium heat until shimmering. Spread the potatoes over the frypan in an even layer and allow a few gaps to help cook the potato. Let them cook undisturbed for 2 minutes.
Stir again, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- When the potatoes start to colour, push them together to create your hash browns and press them down. Continue to cook for about 4 to 8 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer the hash browns onto paper towel and let them drain for a minute.
Season to taste with additional salt and serve hot.
- Serve with Huon Smoked Salmon and your choice of sides. We recommend fried eggs, tomatoes, mushroom and spinach.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon AquaRecipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/the-perfect-big-breakfast-hash-brown/