Perfectly cooked tiger prawns in garlic ginger soy sauce is juicy, tender and immersed in incredible Asian flavours.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2-3
• 2 tbsps water
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1/2 tbsp sugar
• 4 tbsps soy sauce
• 1 tbsp garlic, minced
• 2 tbsps ginger, minced
• 2 tbsps cilantro, for garnish
• 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
• 1 tsp ground black pepper (optional)
• 15 large tiger prawns, deveined, rinsed and dried
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add tiger prawns and stir to coat with oil. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly to ensure even cooking on all sides.
- Stir in cooking wine and continue to stir for 15 seconds. Stir in soy sauce and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sugar, pepper (optional) and water. Turn heat to high, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat down to low, give the prawns a final stir, ensuring that the sauce is coating prawns completely. Remove from heat. (Note: prawns will be done once they are evenly coloured and have shrunk in size but are no longer getting smaller).
- Serve with some cilantro on top.
This great family recipe is thanks to Ahead-Of-Thyme Recipes at https://www.aheadofthyme.com/tiger-prawns-garlic-ginger-soy-sauce/