Check out this quick and easy tom yum soup recipe with crunchy peeled prawns, punchy chillies and soft button mushrooms.
• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1 lime, juiced
• 1 tbsp fish sauce
• 750ml chicken stock
• 1 bashed lemongrass
• 2 garlic cloves, bashed
• 150g raw peeled prawns
• 1 bird's-eye chilli, halved
• 1 tbsp soft light brown sugar
• 2 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
• 125g button mushrooms, quartered
• a thumb-sized piece ginger, thinly sliced
• 2 torn kaffir lime leaves, 1 thinly sliced to serve
- Put the chicken stock into a pan over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Add in the lemongrass, ginger, chilli, garlic and torn lime leaves, turn down and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Add the tomatoes and mushrooms, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Tip in the prawns and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until pink, then remove from the heat. Take out the lemongrass, lime leaves and garlic, and discard. Season with the sugar, lime juice and fish sauce, and serve with the sliced lime leaf.
This great family recipe is thanks to Olive Magazine at https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/healthy/tom-yum-soup/