I have made this bacon, cream and parmesan cheese pasta sauce for so many years and have always called it a carbonara. Low-and-behold, I recently found out it's actually more like an Alfredo sauce. It's absolutely heavenly and a great option for company.
• Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 8 bacon strips, chopped
• 1 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Pour off drippings.
- In same pan, combine cream, cheese, parsley and bacon; heat through over medium heat. Stir in tortellini. Serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste of Home at https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/tortellini-carbonara/