My family loved this pasta salad right from the start, so these days I serve it a lot. When grilling season hits, I grill the chicken as a special treat.
• Prep and cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 3/4 tsp salt
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1/4 tsp pepper
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes
• 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
• 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
• 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
• 3/4 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
• 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
• 1 package (about 10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
• 1 package (about 20 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
• 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine chicken, onion, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine salad mix, tomatoes, olives, tortellini and chicken mixture. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste of Home at https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/tortellini-chicken-caesar-salad/