• Prep and time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp canola oil
• 1 1/2 tsps dry mustard
• 2 1/2 tbsps Dijon mustard
• 3 tbsps toasted wheat germ
• salt and freshly ground pepper
• 4 6-ounce skinless salmon fillets
• 1 tbsp yellow mustard seeds, crushed
- In a shallow dish, combine the wheat germ and mustard seeds. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. In a bowl, blend the Dijon mustard with the dry mustard and spread it over the skinned side of the fillets. Dip the mustard side of the fillets in the wheat germ mixture until thickly coated.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the fillets, crust side down, and cook over moderately high heat until browned and crisp, 3 minutes. Turn the fillets and cook over moderate heat until barely cooked in the center, 3 minutes longer. Transfer the salmon to plates and serve crust side up.
This great family recipe is thanks to Food&WineRecipes at https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/triple-mustard-salmon