Looking for a delicious natural lamb recipe? Try out this tasty recipe for Turkish Style Lamb Flat Breads from the experts at Australian Lamb!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 2 tbsps currants
• 2 ounces feta, crumbled
• 1 large Turkish flat bread
• ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
• ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
• 1 pound Australian ground lamb
• 2 tbsps Moroccan seasoning mix
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 yellow onion, peeled and finely diced
• 1 cup baby spinach leaves, washed and trimmed
To serve: tzatziki
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and cook, stirring until soft and light golden.
- Add the ground lamb and cook until all the lamb has browned, stirring to break up any lumps. Add the Moroccan mix and cook until aromatic. Add the spinach and cook until wilted, approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the pine nuts and currants. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise, creating two large flat pieces of bread to use as a base. Place bread onto a baking sheet, top with lamb mixture and sprinkle with crumbled feta.
- Bake in oven 15 minutes or until crisp and hot. Sprinkle parsley over the flatbread and serve with tzatziki.
This great family recipe is thanks to True-Aussie-Beef-And-Lamb Recipes at https://www.trueaussiebeefandlamb.com/recipes-usa/consumer-recipes/lamb/turkish-style-lamb-flat-breads/#