Try this sweet and spicy Vietnamese twist on the classic hot dog.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 2 tsps fish sauce
• 1/4 cup lime juice
• 6 long crusty rolls
• 500g thick pork sausages
• 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
• 1 small carrot, coarsely grated
• 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
• 1/2 cup small fresh coriander sprigs
• 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, seeded, thinly sliced
- Combine sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce and lime juice in a bowl.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add sausages. Cook, turning, for 12 to 15 minutes or until browned all over and cooked through. Transfer to a board. Slice diagonally. Add sausage to sauce mixture in bowl, turning to coat. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow flavours to develop.
- Cut a slit in each roll, being careful not to cut the whole way through. Divide lettuce between rolls. Top with sausage mixture, carrot and cucumber. Drizzle with remaining sauce mixture. Sprinkle with coriander. Serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/vietnamese-style-pork-sausage-salad-rolls/f5f16204-bdee-437c-9e8b-d15f62adba9b