• Prep and cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
For Patagonian Toothfish:
• 80ml peanut oil (1/3 cup)
• 75gm potato flour (1/2 cup)
• 1 small red chilli, thinly sliced, to serve
• 500gm Patagonian tooth fish, cut into 4 pieces on an angle
For sweet soy sauce:
• 1/2 tsp white sugar
• 60ml sake (1/4 cup)
• 1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
• 125ml chicken stock (1/2 cup)
• 3 stalks coriander, roots and leaves reserved
- For sweet soy sauce, combine stock, soy sauce, sake, sugar and coriander stems and roots in a saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 3 minutes, then strain and cool.
- Combine potato flour and ½ cup water in a bowl to form a paste. Spread paste evenly over toothfish. Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat, add two pieces of fish and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to an absorbent paper-lined plate and repeat with remaining fish.
- Spoon sauce among bowls, top with fish and serve scattered with chilli and coriander leaves.
This great family recipe is thanks to Gourmet Traveller at https://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/recipes/browse-all/wok-fried-patagonian-toothfish-9828